Monday, May 10, 2010

Soft cookie recipe

Raining, raining again in Seattle. I need something sweet to cheer up the spirit. How about some chocolate chip cookies?
I have tried dozens of cookie recipe since I bought my first oven in 2005. It was so tiny that I could only bake six cookie at a time. But we were in China, nobody baked at home at all. I was a baking pioneer. My first batch of cookies come out burnt and flat, but my dear friends Bonnie, Sosa & Xiaoliang were so supportive and encouraging that they even finished them up. My fellow workmates became my testing mice for the next several batches of cookies. Thanks buddies! I wouldn't figure out the following perfect cookie recipe without you! 

Here is my recipe.  

Preheat oven to 350F.

To make a batch of 12-16, you will need

1. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3. 1/4 cup white powdered sugar
4. 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter in liquid form
7. 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
8. 1 large egg 
9. 1 cups (half a bag) semisweet dark chocolate chips

Mix all the dry ingredients (1-5) in a large bowl. 

Add liquid ingredients (6-8), mix with forks or simply your hands. 

Add chocolate chips and mix again. 

Make doughs into 1.8-2.0 inch wide, 1 inch thick cookie shaped ones, put them on cookie sheet and send them into the oven.

Bake for 10-12 mins. 

The cookies come out perfectly chewy outside and soft inside! Yummy! I just finished 4 in a row, I'm now happy and fat :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment