Saturday, May 1, 2010

Google Voice

I'm exploring cheap way to make international calls. I have always used Skype, and the rate is $0.024 per minute to call China. I downloaded Skype application on my iPhone, which allows me to call from my phone, instead of a laptop. It was truly handy dandy.

However, I just discovered today that Google Voice offers even cheaper rate at $0.020 for international call and totally free for domestic calls. Besides, text msgs are free as well. It can also turn voice mail into transcript and send to you through sms. How cool is that.


Right now, Google Voice is only available in the US, and is based on invitation only. If you are in the US, and have a google account, you can request an invite through your account.

Click on the link below for more information:

You can also go to Wiki to read more about Google Voice:

Google rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment