Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eat Healthy

My darling husband gave me a Cuisinart food processor for Christmas. Who would know that this unconventional gift has become one of my favorites!! What's an all-mighty addition to my kitchen!! It can chop, it can slide, it can blend... It has brought out the chef-gene inside of me. Have I ever mentioned that both my grandfather and uncle are chefs? :)  It also inpired me of one of my new year resolutions - cooking and eating more healthy. My latest attempt was pesto sauce following a simple recipe I found on Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Directions

Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to a smooth paste. Add parsley if desired. 


Wow, my pesto sauce smelt sooooo good! Kudos to my food processor and my husband!


Here is my lunch - Crab meat pesto pasta. Really yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment